Senior Researcher, Priv.-Doz. Mag. Dr. (Curriculum Vitae)
Christian Doppler Laboratory for Monitoring and
Evolution of Very-Large-Scale Software Systems
Johannes Kepler University
Altenberger Strasse 69
A-4040 Linz, Austria
Phone: +43 732 2468 4363
Office: Computer Science Building (Science Park 3), Room 216
Information for Students: I have no explicit office hours, so if you need something, e.g., information on the courses I teach or about available projects, Bachelor’s theses, and Master’s theses, do not hesitate to contact me via e-mail at any time and we will arrange an appointment. Further information is available here and in KUSSS.
- Variability management and software product lines
- Software maintenance and evolution
- Automated software engineering
- Requirements engineering
- Requirements monitoring
- Usability and user interface design
- Industry/academia collaborations
Word Cloud of my publication titles (generated here):
As a member of the steering, organizing (and/or other) committees for these events I cordially invite you to submit your research to:
- Euromicro SEAA 2019, August 28-30, 2019, Thessaloniki / Chalkidiki, Greece
- SPLC 2019, Sept 9-13, 2019, Paris, France
- Software Engineering 2020, February 25-28, 2020, Innsbruck, Austria.
As a member of the program committees I cordially invite you to submit your research to the following events:
- My DBLP Profile
- My Google Scholar Profile
- My Microsoft Academic Profile
- My researchr Profile
- My ResearchGate Profile
- My Mendeley Profile
- Semantic Scholar
- JKU FODOK
- Euromicro DSD/SEAA Facebook Page
- Euromicro Twitter Account
Services for Research Communities (only recent, please refer to my CV for the full list)
Program Committee Memberships
SWQD 2016, VaMoS 2016, ICSR 2016, SEKE 2016, SBES@CBSoft, SWQD 2017, VaMoS 2017, RESACS@REFSQ 2017, VACE 2017, ICSR 2017, SEKE 2017, SPLC 2017, SBES 2017, SWQD 2018, VaMoS 2018, VSPL Track@SAC 2018, ICSR 2018, SEsCPS’18@ICSE 2018, SEKE 2018, RESACS@RE 2018, SPLC 2018, Doct Symp@SPLC 2018, Configuration Workshop 2018, SBES 2018, SWQD 2019, VaMoS 2019, VSPLE Track@SAC 2019
Organizing Committee Memberships
- Euromicro SEAA 2014 –- PC Chair (with Richard Torkar)
- SPLTea@SPLC 2014 –- OC Chair (with Mathieu Acher and Roberto Lopez-Herrejon)
- Euromicro SEAA 2015 — SPPI Track Chair (with Stefan Biffl)
- SPLTea@SPLC 2015 -– OC Chair (with Mathieu Acher and Roberto Lopez-Herrejon)
- SPLC 2016 — Research Track PC Chair (with Bing Xie)
- MoLS 2017 at ICPE 2017 — OC Chair (with Michael Vierhauser, Sam Guinea, and Willi Hasselbring)
- Euromicro SEAA 2017 — SPPI Track Chair (with Dietmar Winkler and Stefan Biffl)
- ManLang’18 — Publicity Chair (with Manuel Rigger)
- Euromicro SEAA 2018 — SPPI Track Chair (with Dietmar Winkler and Stefan Biffl) and MoLS Special Session Chair (with Michael Vierhauser, Sam Guinea, and Willi Hasselbring)
- SPLC 2018 — Tutorials Chair (with Christoph Elsner)
- SPLTea@SPLC 2018 — OC Chair (with Mathieu Acher and Roberto Lopez-Herrejon)
- Euromicro SEAA 2019 — SPPI Track Chair (with Dietmar Winkler and Stefan Biffl)
- SPLC 2019 — Demonstrations and Tools Chair (with Leopoldo Teixeira)
- SE 2020 — PC Chair (with Willi Hasselbring)
- JKU Young Computer Scientists — Program Manager
Reviewer for Journals and Magazines
Information and Software Technology (IST), Journal of Systems and Software (JSS), Empirical Software Engineering (EMSE), Data and Knowledge Engineering (DKE), Science of Computer Programming (SCP), IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering (TSE), Software Quality Journal (SQJ), Journal of Software: Evolution and Process, Software and Systems Modeling (SoSyM), IEEE Software, IEEE Transactions on Service Computing (TSC), Computer Languages, Systems and Structures (COMLAN), ACM Computing Surveys
(Guest) Editor for Special Sections/Issues in Journals
- International Journal on Software Tools for Technology Transfer (STTT), Special Section on Software Diversity – Modeling, Analysis and Evolution, Editors: Ina Schaefer, Rick Rabiser, Dave Clarke, Springer, 2011/2012.
- Information and Software Technology, Special Section on Software Engineering and Advanced Applications, Editors: Rick Rabiser and Richard Torkar, Elsevier, 2014/2015.
- Journal of Systems and Software, Special Issue on Quality Engineering and Management of Software-Intensive Systems, Editors: Michael Felderer, Helena Holmström Olsson, Rick Rabiser, Elsevier, 2017/2018.
- Distinguished Reviewer Award (September 2018) at SPLC 2018 (22nd International Systems and Software Product Line Conference, Sept 10-14, Gothenburg, Sweden).
- Journal of Systems and Software Outstanding Reviewer Award (June 2018), i.e., within the top 10th percentile of reviewers for the Journal, in terms of the number of manuscript reviews completed 2017-2018.
- IEEE Software Reviewer Recognition (“Certificate of Appreciation”) (May 2018)
- Journal of Software and Systems Modeling Reviewer Recognition (March 2017).
- Information and Software Technology Outstanding Reviewer Award (December 2016), i.e., within the top 10th percentile of reviewers for the Journal, in terms of the number of manuscript reviews completed 2014-2016.
- Journal of Systems and Software Outstanding Reviewer Award (November 2016), i.e., within the top 10th percentile of reviewers for the Journal, in terms of the number of manuscript reviews completed 2014-2016.
- In an article analyzing 20 years of research on Software Product Lines I was recognized as one of the 15 most prolific researchers in the field. The article was published in 2016 the Information and Software Technology Journal.
- Best Paper Award at WICSA 2014 for “Vierhauser, M., Rabiser, R., Grünbacher, P., Danner, C., Wallner, S., Zeisel, H.: A Flexible Framework for Runtime Monitoring of System-of-Systems Architectures, Proceedings of the 11th Working IEEE/IFIP Conference on Software Architecture (WICSA 2014), Sydney, Australia, April 7-11, 2014, IEEE, pp. 57-66.”
- Information and Software Technology Most Cited Article from 2010 for “Rabiser, R., Grünbacher, P., Dhungana, D.: Requirements for Product Derivation Support: Results from a Systematic Literature Review and an Expert Survey. Information and Software Technology,
vol. 52(3), pp. 324-346, 2010″
- Journal of Systems and Software Most Cited Article from 2010 for “Dhungana, D., Grünbacher, P., Rabiser, R., Neumayer, T.: Structuring the Modeling Space and Supporting Evolution in Software Product Line Engineering. The Journal of Systems and Software, 83(7), pp.1108-1122, 2010″
- Member of the Most-Influential Paper Selection Committee of the Int’l Systems and Software Product Line Conference (SPLC), 2016-2019.
- Elected member of the “Fakultätsversammlung der Technisch-Naturwissenschaftlichen Fakultät an der Johannes Kepler Universität Linz” (faculty congregation of the technical and natural sciences faculty at Johannes Kepler University Linz; 2016-2019).
- Speaker of the “Mittelbau Fachbereich Informatik” (midlevel computer science academics, i.e., all computer science scholars, that are not full professors) at Johannes Kepler University Linz (Oct 2018-…)
- Professional Member of ACM
- Member of Euromicro
- Member of the Euromicro Board of Directors (Director for Austria)
- Member of the Euromicro Executive Office (Publicity Secretary)
Publications (these are “only” the publications I got published since 2013 in the context of the CDL MEVSS!; for a full list please refer to my Curriculum Vitae)